The United Nations has declared 2005-2015 an International Decade for Action “Water for Life” to emphasize the importance of water quality as it relates to sanitation, human rights, geography, urbanization and sustainability. Here in the U.S. August is National Water Quality Month, and since water is constantly involved in our everyday lives, we wanted to take a moment to remind our Atlanta, GA residents how they can help prevent water pollution in the Atlanta, GA area:
- Choose nontoxic household products when possible.
This will reduce the chemicals entering the water system through your pipes.
- Do not put anything but water down storm drains
This includes car oil, trash, and any other types of debris.
- Do not flush unwanted or out-of-date medications down the toilet or drain
You can look up locations that accept old medications for disposal.
- Have your home inspected for leaks to maximize your home’s water efficiency and water conservation.
This can help reduce your water bill and ensure your plumbing is working as efficiently as possible.
- Upgrade your appliances to water efficient models when possible.
- A licensed technician can examine your water heater to make sure it is running efficiently and test your water quality to see if you need water treatment system like water filtration or water softening.
Every day, we can all contribute to conserving water and preserving this precious resource. For more information or for a consultation to see if your home is using water efficiently and to see if your water quality is good, contact Fulton Plumbingtoday.
For testimonials, money saving tips, and coupons, visit us on the web or call one of our friendly representatives today . At Fulton Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning our number one goal is to provide friendly, top quality work 100% of the time, any time day or night, so give us a call.