Your Family and Your Holiday Guests
Deserve the Best…
Holiday season is both loved and feared by many. It’s a great time of the year to get your families and friends together to enjoy great food, drinks and company but it can be very stressful if you are the host! When people come to your home you want everything to be perfect… especially for the in-laws! One common home problem that many people fail to recognize or improve before their holiday guests arrive is poor indoor air quality . You may not know it but it can have a huge effect on your overall holiday experience! At Fulton Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, we know a lot of simple ways for you to improve the quality of the air in your home and would love to share some quick tips with you.
Do you need a plumbing repair? Get $25 off with Fulton Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning!
As a leading HVAC contractor in the Greater Atlanta area, we want to make sure your life is as comfortable as possible and the air in your home is healthy and safe for the sake of you and your loved ones. Did you know that the air inside your home has more pollutants than the air outside? You can change today immediately if you take our advice and follow some of these easy tips:
– Start simple – Keep using your ceiling fan! Just because it’s not summertime doesn’t mean you should give up on it so soon. Keeping your ceiling fan on low can help circulate the air in your home which is beneficial for your indoor air quality.
– -Open your windows! Airing our your home is the perfect way to get rid of some of the natural contaminants in your air like dust, dander and dirt. Even if you just crack your windows every now and again, it can make a huge improvement. It also helps to keep you kitchen cool while you’re doing all of that hot home cooking!
– Don’t let humidity make your air thick and hard to breathe. Run a dehumidifier in your basement! By doing this, you can maintain a 30-50% humidity level in your home. Also, consider attic ventilation or crawl space ventilation in your home. The ventilation will prevent the build-up of moisture in your home.
– Replace the air filters in your heating or cooling systems. No matter what time of year, your HVAC system filters should be changed at least every 3 months. When they run, they collect a lot of pollutants in their filters which can be recirculated right back into your home if they are not cleaned or removed. Air filter replacement or cleaning will help you breathe cleaner air every single day.
– Consider an air filtration system to improve your indoor air quality. Air quality systems are a great way to not only clean your air for the holidays but they can benefit you and your family in the long run. Cleaner air gives your a more comfortable lifestyle and can help you avoid pesky sicknesses that come along with impure air like allergies, sinuses, colds and sore throats.Air filter installation is affordable and is the best way to ensure good air quality.
– Have your central heating or cooling units checked. An HVAC inspection can make sure that your comfort system is working properly, at maximum efficiency and is as clean as possible! Whether you need preventative maintenance or a heating tune up for your gas furnace, electric furnace, boiler, heat pump or any other type of heating unit, keeping a healthy, efficient system will lead to a healthier life in your home.
– Limit your use around the holidays of unvented kerosene appliances in the home. Things like gas space heaters, wood stoves, gas stoves and fireplaces are staples of the holiday season but be conscious to turn them off when they are not needed. When used in excess they can negatively affect your indoor air quality.
– Think about installing a exhaust fans leading outdoors from your kitchen or your bathroom. This is also a great way to keep a constant motion of air inside your home and by removing indoor air to the outside, you will be removing contaminants from your air supply instead of allowing them to recirculate around your home.
There are so many other ways that you can improve your air quality but the suggestions listed above are some of the best ways. At Fulton Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, our HVAC contractors are experienced in all types of heating and cooling services and can handle any HVAC repair, installation or tune up you may need. Indoor air quality problems are extremely common this time of year and your comfort during the holiday season is important to us! Take our advice and make your home fresher and cleaner today… And if you decide that an air filter system may be right for your home, our HVAC technicians will be happy to discuss the various options of air quality systems we install to come up with a solution that best suits your needs.
Contact Us with any questions or concerns about the air quality of your home!